Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Style of Drawing

I plan on carrying out my initial proposal with a specific style of drawing I've been working with over the last year. This style has evolved from previous works I have made as seen below:







I'm drawn to using bold colors coupled with numerous geometric shapes. These elements fit together like pieces of a puzzle. I want to create a drawing of the city so elaborate and detailed with these elements that when the piece is viewed from afar, it looks completely different; A hodge-podge of colors and shapes that resembles something of a Pollock. I like the idea of conveying the city in such a way, because for me, the city has always held so much energy. It's this excitement and vibrancy that I wish to capture in this project. The strength of the piece lies in its vast size and the attention to detail I hope to patiently create.

No comments: