Saturday, May 10, 2008

Current Look at Studio and New Projection Screen



Here is a recent snapshot of my studio space in the Millrace Studio complex. I have accumulated quite a few toys over the year, including TV's, old 35mm slide projectors, touch screen monitors and more. Not to mention a small army of models from all the different ideas I've had for this project over the year. Note the large mural that was at one point, the primary focus of my work.



Perhaps the most exciting recent development is this large data projector screen. It will be used for displaying the Shared Urban Space Project Photos in a slide show. The screen has a contemporary, slightly industrial look that will fit perfectly with the look and feel of the White Stag building.



Another look at the data projector screen. The small metal rectangular prism in front of the screen is actually a frame for a laundry basket I bought from Ikea. Originally, I was planning on using these for podiums for ten different slide projectors. Each slide projector was to be dedicated to one of the ten photo assignments. Now, I'm using the laundry basket frames as podiums for other parts of my project.

No comments: