Saturday, February 2, 2008

SUS Progress

With my gallery show behind me, I've really been able to make some progress on the Shared Urban Space project this weekend. The project is now open to photographs as well, in order to make it easier for people to participate.

I've re-designed the website for this project. It is now more colorful, and the navigation bar from my personal site has been eliminated. This allows the project to stand on its own. The colors have been changed on the site to suggest a more friendly and less violent undertone. I've decided to stick with the graffiti-esk styling of the site. I am aware of the risk of losing participants due to this style, which has loaded meaning. This is my opportunity however to brand a project anyway that I want. More importantly however, I am more interested in directing this project towards a different demographic. I feel that this demographic is more edgy, more willing to take risks, and will ultimately be a demographic that produces some very interesting photographs (hopefully).

No comments: