Monday, January 7, 2008

Recent Ideas and Goals

Urban sprawl... why is it significant? How can I represent this? Urban sprawl is significant because it leads to overcrowding of spaces. I am now interested in representing overcrowding through actual installations in the urban environment. I plan on studying and researching more on population growth, building expansion rates and psychological issues pertaining to claustrophobia and personal space.

For the video installation that will be played in combination with my still image, I want to experiment with having the video play through an old black and white TV. The video represents my version of the ending of the world, which occurs due to an over expanse of human population. It would make sense that such an event would be televised. Using a TV set will hopefully help to secure the video (which is very abstract) within this context. I am not quite sure how to connect a laptop to a TV (especially an older set) but I will most likely leave the laptop exposed.

No comments: